Wednesday 13 June 2012

Long weekend


Stevo and I headed to our holiday shack for the long weekend. As I often do I raced outside upon arrival to capture the magical view. Not long after that the rain set in.
On Sunday evening I was lured outside by the glimpse of pink in the eastern sky - also there was a break in the rain.


I started taking photos of the flotsam and jetsam on the beach (NB the smooth burnt gumnut and angels wing shell). The previous week we had had extreme weather conditions as well a king tide,  so there was a  lot of debris washed up on the beach.


I noticed a couple of folk dragging something along the sand and asked if they'd like Stevo's assistance (even though he was lying on the lounge reading a book). 'A great opportunity to use those muscles of yours' and he was putting on his shoes. He helped them drag a sign that had been washed out in the storm back to it's original location.


Then they removed an old rusted trap of some kind from the water.


I admire Zac and Shannon for their community spirit and it was good to be able to help (or in my case be the suggester of help!)



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Mum. I bet Dad loved helping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes he had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a holiday shack not too far from you, love getting away on a weekend, pack some delicious food and wine and off I go. Mind you i habe been renovating it for a while. It looks like your pics are in the Pittwater? Love it there. I am a collector of retro and vintage, a sewer, cooker, a sailor and best of all I look after my grandson, in between one hundred otger things I do. I do hope ypu pop on over and say hi. x your newest follower! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Roberta, thanks for your msg. I'm also a lover of vintage, stitching and grandchildren. Must say though that our holiday shack is still just that! We often discuss ideas for renovation but have not as yet started. One day...

    ReplyDelete